November 24, 2020
Tiggers Preschool Balcombe has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Preschool Practitioner to join our small, friendly village setting. This is a part time role of minimum 12 hours a week during term time.
You will need to have experience of being a Key Worker and a sound knowledge of the EYFS. Pediatric First Aid and Child Protection Certificate are desirable, as is good knowledge of safeguarding children, although training in these areas can be provided for the right candidate.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the stimulating and fun environment we provide.
- Setting up equipment and activities and packing away each day (we are a ‘pack away’ preschool).
- The care and education of children at the setting.
- The safety and welfare of children at the setting.
- Monitoring children and making observations within the EYFS framework.
- Being responsible for up to four Key Children, writing Next Steps of Learning for them and using these Next Steps to plan dedicated activities.
- Liaising with parents and carers of your Key Children regarding their Next Steps of Learning.
- Working closely with our SENCO if needed.
Basic hours for the role are (West Sussex term time only):
Monday 8.45 – 12.45
Tuesday 11:45 – 15.45
Wednesday 8.45 – 12.45
Plus an average of 1-2 admin hours each week to be completed in your own time.
You may also be required to work additional hours to provide cover in cases of staff sickness or work extra sessions as required as numbers of children grow.
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Part-time hours: minimum 12 per week
Application deadline: 11/12/2020
Expected start date: ASAP
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent. While we are looking for a permanent role, we would consider employing a candidate on a temporary basis.
We are also looking for Level 2 or 3 qualified bank staff to provide cover so please get in touch if this is of interest.
Please submit your CV to email@example.com
Please wear a mask to the interview.