February 24, 2020
We are looking for a part time Early Years Practitioner to join our small, friendly team on a temporary contract. Could this be you? If so, we look forward to hearing from you – email us at email@example.com.
Tiggers is a community preschool for 2, 3 and 4 year olds based in the heart of Balcombe village. We operate five mornings a week during West Sussex term time only, and we also offer an extended afternoon session on a Tuesday. The role is initially a temporary contract from March – July but we may look to extend to a permanent role.
We are looking for a Level 2 or Level 3 qualified Childcare Practitioner with experience in being a Key Worker and a sound knowledge of the EYFS. Paediatric First Aid and Child Protection Certificate are desirable (if the successful applicant does not already have these, they will be required to take the courses within three months of starting employment).
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the stimulating and fun environment we provide
- Setting up equipment and activities and packing away each day (we are a ‘pack away’ preschool)
- The care and education of children at the setting
- The safety and welfare of children at the setting
- Monitoring children and making observations within the EYFS framework
- Being responsible for up to four Key Children, writing Next Steps of Learning for them and using these Next Steps to plan dedicated activities
- Liaising with parents and carers of your Key Children regarding their Next Steps of Learning
- Working closely with our SENCO if needed
Working hours for the role are (West Sussex term time only):
- Monday 8.45 – 12.45
- Tuesday 11.45 – 15.45
- Wednesday 8.45 – 12.45
The successful applicant will also be required to attend one planning meeting each half term (up to three hours) and occasional staff meetings (up to one hour) which will be paid at your hourly rate. These are held in the setting after regular sessions. Additionally, there will be approximately half an hour of admin per child every half term for each of your key children (to be carried out in your own time and paid at your hourly rate).
Salary dependent on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting date: Monday 16th March.